Wednesday, 15 March 2017

22 Make-Ahead Freezer Meals For $215

Hey everyone

Today over on my YouTube Channel I'm talking about Make-Ahead Freezer Meals.

In a month I'm going on holiday with my best friend and leaving my kids for 2 weeks with my husband. It will be the first time that I have left my kids and travelled alone and I'm pretty anxious and nervous about it. But most of all I'm feeling pretty guilty. Somewhere along the way of having four children I have lost apart of myself, and this trip is exactly what I feel like I need in order to be the best person/wife/mother/friend/sister/daughter I can be.

My very supportive husband and his team of helpers (my mum and his mum and sister) and going to have theirs hands full when I'm away, so I decided (much like I do before having a baby) to remove one of the daily burdens and cook up a whole bunch of meals and stock the freezer.

So I arranged an extra online grocery order and went to Costco. I spend around $215 all up and in a couple of hours (spread across a couple of days) I was able to make 22 meals to fill the freezer! *Bonus for me I have a few meals I can use before I go. So that equal less than $10 per meal!

So check out the video below to see how I did it.




Here's a list of the meals that I made...

2 x Chicken and Leek Pasta Bakes
2 x Chicken Enchiladas



2 x Shepherd's Pies



1 x Zucchini Slice



2 x Chicken Pies
1 x Steak Pie



2 x Creamy Chicken Fettuccine
3 x Spaghetti Bolognaise Sauce (with hidden veggies)
2 x Butter Chickens
2 x Beef Stroganoff
1 x Pizza
2 x Chicken Schnitzel and Potatoes



Freezing Tips
Freeze sauces and meals in snap lock bags to save space. Fill bag and lay flat to freeze. Once frozen you can stand the bag up.

You can freeze peeled and cut potatoes to save you time when making dinner. Place potatoes in a pot of boiling water for 5-10mins (depending on their size) to partially cook them. Then transfer them to ice cool water to stop the cooking process. Then you can peel and cut them as desire, place them in a snap lock bag and keep them in the freezer until you need them ... just add a little extra cooking time when you come to use them.

Use a Vacuum Food Sealer to freeze meats. It helps to keep food longer and it will last up to 5 times longer in the freezer. It's perfect for if you bulk meat in bulk.