Thursday, 1 September 2016

Delicious, Quick and Fluffy Pancakes - Thermomix Recipe

My eldest daughter absolutely loves breakfast time. She wakes up super hungry and the first words out of her mouth are using "when's breakfast?"

I have literally woken up before with her in my face at 6am asking for breakfast.


Pancakes are such a favourite in our house. I used to make small sized ones, but the kids were eating them faster than I could cook them, so now I make HUGE ones and we use a pizza cutter to quickly cut them up into bite sized pieces.


A tip I like to do is to make up a batch on a Sunday afternoon and store it in the fridge in one of these pancake shakers (which I found at target on clearance for $1!!!). Then on busy mornings where Weet-Bix seems like too much of a messy effort, I can quickly cook a couple of pancakes and we can be on our way.


Here's is my all time favourite pancake recipe made in my AMAZING thermomix. They make the most lovely fluffy pancakes that can be enjoyed throughout the day.


Recipe

Ingredients:
450g Self Raising Flour
3 Eggs
150g Caster Sugar
600g Milk
3tsp Baking Powder

Combine the eggs and the milk into the bowl of your thermomix and mix 10 secs/speed 7.

Add in your dry ingredients (flour, sugar and baking powder) and mix 5 secs/speed 5. You may need to scrape down the sides of your bowl and repeat this step.

Leave your batter in the bowl and allow it to site for at least 15mins and up to 1 hour. This will give the mixture time to rise which will give you those amazingly fluffy pancakes.

Once it has risen (look for the bubbles on the top) beat the batter again for 3 secs/speed 5.

ENJOY...



Don't forget to check out my YouTube channel for a video of this recipe ... and SUBSCRIBE to my channel so you don't miss an upload!!!


If you are confused as to what a Thermomix is, I will leave a photo and a link down below to the machine on Amazon as I'm not sure where they are sold where you live. In Australia you find a consultant and buy through the Thermomix company. They retail in Australia for about $2000, when I bought mine they were running a 24 month interest free deal so I paid for mine at about $20 a week.